These grants are available to help grow your business and commercialise your invention
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training administers grants and programs to help Queensland small business continue to recover, grow and thrive by committing grant funds for businesses to increase key capabilities, embrace innovation, and assist high-growth businesses to capitalise on opportunities.
For the larger companies out there who have been busy developing new products – this is for you
The Australian Government’s R&D Tax Incentive helps eligible businesses with a generous tax offset of some of the costs of doing R&D. It aims to help innovative businesses to do R&D and is open to firms of all sizes conducting eligible R&D activities in all sectors. View a snapshot of the R&D Tax Incentive for an overview of the program, including eligibility criteria
Provides a tax offset for some of a company's cost of doing eligible research and development (R&D) activities by reducing a company's income tax liability. Tax offsets of 43.5% or 38.5% are available for costs incurred on eligible activities depending on a company’s annual aggregated turnover. The 43.5% benefit is a refundable offset.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, applicants must:
- be an incorporated company
- be conducting eligible core R&D activities. These are defined in the legislation as being experiments that are guided by hypotheses and conducted for the purpose of generating new knowledge
- have incurred eligible R&D expenditure or notional deductions of at least $20,000 (unless using a Research Service Provider or a Cooperative Research Centre).
Are you looking for innovation funding? Then you should look into the Grants Directory
The aim of a grants directory is to provide a list of all available grants in the one place. This allows you to easily find the relevant financial support opportunities for your business.
Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS)
ABLIS provides information about grants and subsidies that are tailored to your specific business and industry.
Queensland Government science and innovation grants
Learn about the range of grants and programs available from Advance Queensland.
Grants and assistance finders
Queensland Business Grants and Assistance Finder - the government are trailing a new service designed to help you find Queensland Government grants and assistance programs for your business and research needs.
Australian Government Grants and Assistance Finder - provides information on grant opportunities for businesses and industry. This directory can direct you to funding programs for new ideas and initiatives from all levels of government - Australian, Queensland, and local.
The Entrepreneurs' Program, delivered by the Australian Government Department of Industry, provides easy to access practical support and funding for small and medium businesses to improve business capability and competitiveness, promote economic growth and support the commercialisation of new ideas. Current programs include:
- Business Growth Grants - small, co-funded grants to engage external expertise to assist businesses with implementing improvements.
- Innovation Connections - a facilitated service to:
- identify critical and strategic research needs and opportunities for the business;
- support the business to connect with sources of expertise, technology and advice;
- provide pathways to engage and collaborate with the research sector.
- Accelerating Commercialisation - help for entrepreneurs, researchers, start-ups and businesses to address key challenges on the commercialisation pathway of bringing novel products, processes and service to the market. (this is a great one for Wynnes customers)
See the full list of the Department of Industry’s grants for Queensland based businesses.